When the sun’s out it’s easy to remember to protect your skin with sunscreen, but did you know that your hair and scalp need extra protection, too?
That’s because UV rays damage and raise the hair’s protective outside layer, or cuticle, making it less able to retain moisture and far more vulnerable to damage.
Any damage can be exacerbated by swimming and sweating, too. Salt water and chlorine strip away natural oils and leave hair dry, rough and damaged, whilst the high sodium content in sweat does exactly the same.
BUT there is some good news...
If you want longer, softer, fuller, healthier hair our experts recommend Root to Tip Hair Improver with silk protein, hyaluronic and caffeine.
- Hydrates and protects your hair and your scalp
- Smooths cuticles so they retain more moisture for longer
- Enhances colour definition
- Thickens the hair shafts, adding fullness and lift
- Prevents frizzing
- Gives hair shine and condition
- Keeps roots healthy to minimise hair fall
- Repairs damaged hair protein fibres
- Apply to dry hair before heading out on a hot day
- Leave and let it work its magic – the sun’s rays will activate the silk protein
- Shampoo and condition when you’re ready – even if that is a day or so later
- Reapply after swimming (rinse hair in fresh water first)
You can also apply Root to Tip to wet hair after showering and before going out, use it in place of your regular conditioner or apply before bed and sleep on it; it won’t stain your pillow.