Help! My hair feels brittle, lifeless, dull, limp or worn out. Why?
If your hair is looking less lovely then it’s probably because it’s damaged in some way, typically by:
- Over-colouring – excessive or prolonged highlighting and lightening can make your hair feel like straw and it may become frizzy and prone to breaking easily
- Heat styling – the long term use of straighteners and blow drying at high temperatures can leave it feeling dry, lifeless and prone to breaking.
- Build-up - the oils and silicones in all hair conditioners and styling products begin to coat the hair in layers - like old paint – making it look lifeless, limp and/or dull
How do Hairfix treatments help?
All Hairfix products contain our own unique blend of vegetable-derived keratin. This hair identical formula puts back what chemical and heat attacks on our hair take out, restoring shine, smoothness, suppleness, strength, volume and manageability, in accordance with your needs.
How do I stop my hair breaking?
Our best advice, however, is to give your hair a break from straighteners and chemical lightening if you possibly can. Heat breaks down the structure of hair - that’s what makes it go straight whilst lightening preparations - even those without bleach - use peroxide or citric acid to attack the keratin in order to remove dark pigments. The rich conditioners that come with such colour treatments can make the hair feel thicker, but this artificial effect does not last.
How do I make my naturally fine hair naturally fuller?
Everyone’s hair differs in thickness. It is possible to coat hair with various styling products, but here are some tips for natural looking volume.
- Keep conditioner away from the roots.
- Don’t over-dry your hair. Hair by weight should be one quarter water - just like skin.
- Avoid alcohol-based products as they drive out the water.
- Use a water-based keratin-rich volumiser, such as Hairfix Total Volume